This recipe is a winner. I could eat it every night. Try it while asparagus is in season!
Recipe from Cooking Light
8 servings (serving size: 5 spears)
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Garnish with cracked pepper and rind, if desired.