When Roger and I arent busy hauling wheat this winter we are spending most of our free time on the basement project.
The basement had much of the ceiling ripped out of it when we moved in. Roger had taken it out when he replaced the radiant pipe heat with forced air. After our Fall farm work, we dove right into ripping out most of the wall sheetrock and a couple of the interior walls. We spray insulated the exterior walls and then put up new drywall. As of today we have taped, and textured about 90% of the walls (Thanks so much to our drywaller Uncle Dave) and have them all painted. We have started with the base and case in some of the rooms and all the windows are trimmed out. We had to remove all the old carpeting and boy was that fun. It had a glue down pad on the back which was a bear to take of with the floor scraper I had. When we ordered the new carpet the Dan from Flooring America (good guy plug) he said he had a machine that would scrape it up in a jiffy. We did however have to scrape all the stairs by hand. Here are some pics of what we were up against. The green machine worked great and saved our backs and alot of time. We even found an old shuffleboard painted onto the floor. Next up is the bathroom finishes and flooring.