Our laundry room and main bathroom are highlighted in the layout below:
I love the laundry room and how conveniently located it is, but there are a few things that will improve its functionality.
2. As in the kitchen, I want to remove the soffit in here too. Then I can move the cupboard over above the sink, and move the hanging bar over the washer/dryer. Currently when I hang clothes to dry (mostly jeans), they hang too low and get in the way of the sink.
3. I will reuse the cabinets in here, but I want to give them a clean coat of white paint and dress them with new hardware.
4. We purchased a new front load washer/dryer when we moved in, so I want to build a new counter over them, mostly to prevent things from falling down between or behind the appliances.
5. Having a sink here is great, but this one is covered in years of hard water scum. I want to replace both the sink and faucet.
6. The other side of the room has great storage, but I would like to make some small adjustments. My Grandma had a sewing table here, but I would rather sew elsewhere and fill this space in with some open shelves to store laundry baskets.
The main bathroom is another high priority project, but it might not be high enough to trump the Master bath and kitchen.
1. Flooring. The red shag carpet is already gone, and now it looks like this:
But we did buy the cheapest piece of vinyl we could find as a temporary solution because the long term plan is to lay tile on the floor in this room.
2. We also removed the shower doors. I would love love LOVE to have a claw foot tub in here. Since they are a teensy weensy bit over budget, I must search high and low for a vintage one I can have resurfaced. Please, please help me?
3. For the vanity I want to find a vintage dresser or credenza to convert.
4. And, of course, painting, trimming, and popcorn ceiling scraping.
5. New vanity light fixture and mirror. I think I will actually keep the ceiling fixtures in here and just paint the metal black. Or reuse them in the hallway and buy a new fixtures in here.
If only because I need lots of time to scout for things for this bathroom, its a good thing it is further down on the priority list. It can't be too far down, however, because tile has started to fall off the counter top. And the toilet leaks.